Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Echoes by Joshua Hale Fialkov

I just don't know where to begin with this graphic novel. It's wonderful and frightening.
Echoes is the story of a man who goes crazy and the disappearance of a little girl. It's possible he did it or that he knows who did it. Filled with hallucinations and odd memories, we follow his path, never knowing what the truth is.
It's such a simple story but I think it's one that will stay with me a long time. You root for the main character and yet are horrified that you might be rooting for a monster.
It's confusing and wonderful. I have a bit of a hard time with black and white art just because my eyes have some problems but this one wasn't as difficult as others have been. The art is soft and disturbing.
I, almost, want to see it as a movie because it could be a great one but then I hate to ruin the integrity of what Joshua Hale Fialkov has done.
If you like horror, pick this one up. If you like a good thriller. It's not violent or graphic but it is frightening.

No comments: