Friday, October 21, 2011

The Poisoned House by Michael Ford

The copy of this book that I received was an unedited galley so I won't talk about any errors I found since they may not exist in the finished book.
This wasn't the best writing I have ever read but the story kept me enthralled until I reached the end. I could barely put this book down.
The story follows Abigail Tamper as she uncovers why her mother is haunting the house that they both worked in. Every little clue led to another until Abigail discovers that everything she knew as truth was a lie.
This book is Young Adult and quite simply written so that the younger audience can easily read it. The story is set in the mid-1800's so the behavior is modest (there is an unplanned pregnancy and an affair but no real talk about sex).
The ghost is somewhat frightening but the suspense is what pulled at me. I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next.



No comments: