Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Can You Tell an Alligator From a Crocodile by Buffy Silverman

I hate to admit that I have a difficult time understanding the difference between Alligators and Crocodiles. That's why I requested this particular book. In just a few pages, I have a better understanding of the difference between these two reptiles that look so much alike.
The book is simple and easy to understand. Even a young reader can understand this book but it won't appeal to a sensitive reader. There are some pictures that, while not graphic, don't leave much to the imagination. Several shots of the reptiles eating other animals are depicted. It's done very tastefully and realistically. The truth is that alligators and crocodiles are well designed predators and their differences allow them to be better hunters in their environments.
All the pictures are real - no illustrations. The chapters are simple and concise.
I recommend this for any bookshelf - from classroom to personal. I can see young boys pouring over the "horror" of these mostrous reptiles and they might walk away learning something.



No comments: