Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place - The Hidden Gallery by Maryrose Wood

I loved the first book of this series that I had to take a break from all the review books to read this newest installment. It did not disappoint except that it just wasn't long enough. I need the third book - now! I guess I will have to be consoled with Maryrose Wood's newest series The Poison Diaries of which I have a galley.
The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place is a great series and this book was just as delightful as the first. Penelope gets an invitation to London and requests an opportunity to go and take the children with her. Lady Ashton is so pleased that the entire household transplants to London.
Armed with Hixby's Lavishly Illustrated Guide to London, Penelope and the children set off on a whirlwind adventure through the city. They make new friends and stumbled upon new mysteries. However, there are some obscure answers to previous mysteries. To share would ruin the plot.
Readers of all ages will love these books. There's adventure and action, art and a slight romance, all tapered with humor and just a little education (reminiscant of Lemony Snicket).
If you haven't picked up the first book, I highly suggest you do. It's a quick, fun read and I can not wait for the next book to come.


No comments: