Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Griff by Christopher Moore

Today I needed to read something that did not require a review. I picked up Christopher Moore's The Griff from the library. Christopher Moore has several novels that have caught my attention but that haven't made it to being read. The Griff is a graphic novel and I can always slip one in to my reading pile.
I loved this. Slightly humorous and all action. The world has been conquered by dragon-like beings from outerspace. The book follows five survivors as they connect to come up with a solution to their problems.
It's not a deep plot with subtext as novels have a tendency to have but a straight forward good vs evil (more us vs them really). Christopher Moore and Ian Corson originally created this story as a screenplay and I have to tell you - it's a movie I'd watch. I hope that someone steps up and hands them the money to produce it. I can picture it as a great action movie. The characters are just every day people who use the situation to re-invent themselves and their skills.
So, Syfy channel - if you are reading this, I have your next movie right here.



No comments: