Monday, March 19, 2012

Michael Recycle and the Tree Top Cops by Alexandra Colombo

What a cute book. Michael Recycle is a green superhero and he needs a vacation. He decides to visit the redwood forest only to find it’s being cut down to make fashion magazines.
The book is reminiscent of Dr. Suess. There’s rhyming and teaching. This is the newest of the series but I’m not familiar with it at all. Which is sad because this was a great book.
The illustrations are bright and inviting in a cartoony way. I loved the expressions of the “villians” when they discovered Michael’s plan to stop them. The Tree Top Cops looked like a lot of fun and there are days I wish I could (literally) crawl into a picture book. I think this would be right on the top of my list for book vacations.
I love the message in this book and look forward to future reads. It’s a fun read for adults and children, though geared towards children.


1 comment:

Dumpster Dude said...

Good book, Keeps the interest level through out the story.