Friday, January 14, 2011

Trouble Maker by Janet Evanovich and Alex Evanovich

This is a graphic novel version of the Alex Barnaby books (Metro Girl and Motor Mouth). I like to read graphic novels, especially of series I haven't read because it gives me a quick glimpse of potential series' I might like. I really enjoyed this book. My mom reads the Stephanie Plum books and says they are great but I haven't gotten into them yet.
I can see why Janet Evanovich is so popular. Her books combine action with humor and slightly off-kilter romance. I rather like that. I hate when the romance becomes the book or when the writer is so serious that the character comes of cold and emotionless. Alex Barnaby came off rather real. I like her quick wit and her resolve to just go with the flow.
This particular book was not a full story so I don't know how it's going to go but I may just pick up a copy of Metro Girl and go from there.

No comments: