Thursday, January 13, 2011

Books of 2010

I had planned to write this the first week of January but, alas, time flew by and I didn't. My goal each year is to read 100 books. 2010 was the least successful year I have had since I began. This year I read just over 60 books. Still not too bad.
Some of the books I loved this year were:
Buddha in your Backpack by Franz Metcalf - this is a teen book about finding answers to life's questions through Buddhism. It's not meant for conversion but a different sort of guidance.
Sister's Grimm by Michael Buckley - this series is so fun. The books follow two orphaned sister's who discover they are the descendants of the Brother's Grimm and all their stories are true (and still alive).
The Passage by Justin Cronin - this was an amazing book. The story is a strange journey in a world were vampires rule the night and the lights are about to go out.
Whales on Stilts by MT Anderson - cute story that throws in so many jokes that I laughed from beginning to end. Most of the jokes are probably better understood by adults than children, only because they pertain to radio shows and the 50's.
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall - these juvenile books have a very classic feel to them and are fantastic.
I think that's a good list of books not included in this blog. It's been a wonderful year of reading and I have enjoyed most of what I read. 2011 is already underway with lots of wonderful books and I can't wait to share them all.

No comments: