Friday, January 14, 2011

Elixir by Hillary Duff

When I saw this book on the bookstore shelf I knew I had to read it. It seemed to be in a genre I would enjoy but the idea that bubblegummy Hillary Duff wrote a book seemed to good to be true. I don't think it was the best book ever written but the plot was great - it swept me away and I read it in hours.
The story follows Clea as she tries to uncover what happened to her father and who is the mysterious man who keeps appearing in her photographs. The story is part mystery, part romance and a lot supernatural.
I can't say that I liked the ending and I don't think the story was wrapped up as neatly as I would have liked but then again maybe she's working on a sequel. The ending was a bit of surprise as Hillary Duff wove a love triangle that spanned lifetimes.

No comments: