Friday, February 24, 2012

Archie’s Americana Volume 3

Darn it, I got a short sample again. I do prefer full graphic novels to samples but in this case it didn’t ruin my enjoyment of the book.
Archie is one of those comics that has delighted readers, young and old, for decades. This particular volume is from the 1960’s. I think some of the jokes are lost but not enough that you don’t find them funny.
For me, it was an interesting peek into a time when my parents were young. I could picture them the age of the Archie gang and going through similar trials.
I think this is a great series to read for all kids. The humor is clean but there’s an understanding of what it means to be a teenager and growing up. The parents don’t understand. The kids make mistakes. They are all trying to find their place in this world. That’s the magic of Archie.



No comments: