Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Warriors (manga) by Erin Hunter

I, originally, tried this book in paperback form but I just couldn't get into it. The books are fine and the writing is good - I just could not connect with a main character that is a cat. It just boggled me.
I was interested to see how the Manga version would work (manga=graphic novel). I enjoyed it. This format gave me the images my mind just would not produce. I don't think it would be my favorite but then they all can't be.
This short book follows Graystripe as he tries to escape from the Twolegs who have captured him (he was captured by an animal shelter and then adopted to a family). He takes another cat with him as they try to return to his clan in the forest.
I can't help but empathize with the family of twolegs he left behind but maybe that's because I really am a cat person. I, also, found some fault with the story line but most of the target audience should be fine with the story.

No comments: