Friday, May 27, 2011

Serial by Jack Kilborn and Blake Crouch

I was so excited to read this story after reading an interview with the authors about how they wrote the sequel. A story about two serial killers hunting each other was too interesting to pass up. I will say I pictured the story to be slightly different than what it was - like the Masters of Horror episode Pick Me Up.
I will warn anyone who wants to read this story - it is highly graphic. There is a rape pretty early on and several graphic death scenes. The overall "book" is quite short and an easy read.
I wasn't sure how I felt about the ending. It's slightly comical which worked but it didn't have that build-up that I expected. I will say I didn't see the ending coming.
Not much I can say about this story that won't give things away.

No comments: