Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Unbidden Magic Series

With the final book coming out this summer, Netgalley had an offer for their reviewers – all four of the current books of the Unbidden Magic Series as one long e-book. The number of pages was daunting but that didn’t stop me from burning through the books in a matter of days. Allie is just a normal girl trying to survive what life has offered her. She lives with her mother in a travel trailer on a piece of her mother’s step-brother’s land. Her mother was suffering from a mysterious illness that prevented her from working. Poor didn’t even begin to express how they lived. That was until Allie fell off the porch and something strange happened. Her life would never be the same. Allie was meant for greater things that involved magic, demons, fairies and an upcoming war between the light and the dark. The stories are witty and entertaining. Maybe a little over the top but I think that’s what I loved about them. It’s tough to talk about a series without giving away too much information but I will say the thing that tickled me the most was Allie’s boy trouble. She’s awkward and brash but that doesn’t stop the boys from lining up and threatening her reputation. They compare this series to Sookie Stackhouse, not sure I agree but I will say these are a fun read and I’m not all that excited that I now have to wait for the 5th book. Especially since the fourth ended with such a cliffhanger.

No comments: