Friday, April 20, 2012

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

I wasn’t sure how to feel about this book when I first started. The story is Ismae’s – as she is rescued from a life filled with pain and hatred. She is taught to be an assassin for the convent of St Mortain as she was conceived from Mortain himself. Sent out to find a traitor to her duchess, Anne of Brittany, Ismae soon discovers that nothing is as it seems. The story is part adventure and part romance. I enjoyed both aspects of it. Robin LaFevers wove together an amazing tale, leaving me longing for more. It was a little slow to start with but soon I couldn’t put it down. I now have a long year’s wait for the sequel and I’m not sure I can wait. I want it now. Especially, knowing that the sequel will explain what is happening with Sybella, another member of the convent and dear friend to Ismae.

No comments: