Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger

This book looks like a children's picture book but it's for adults. The material may be a little mature for most children (my 14 year old read it and told me he didn't get it) but it's suitable for any reader.
The story follows a woman who, while walking one night, discovers a bookmobile that houses everything she has ever read. She spends the rest of her life searching for the bookmobile. She does find it now and again but she becomes obsessed with the place.
I can understand that feeling. I can imagine touching each book I have read, re-discovering books I had forgotten (and perhaps finding those few stories that I remember but for the life of me can't remember their titles).
I don't think I would react the same as the woman in the book but I certainly can understand it.
It's really short - about a 10 minute read for most readers but it's entertaining.

No comments: