Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard by Tom Waltz

I recognized the name Duke Nukem from conversations with my son and husband but to be honest I had no idea what I was getting into when I picked up this first issue. Duke Nukem is every man’s dream – he’s strong, able to bed many women and just kicks ass.
This is not a series for children. It was entertaining though. I thoroughly enjoyed this issue and will actively seek out the next one. I can see it as something I can enjoy with my husband and my teen son.
I like the art – it’s bright and reminds me of superhero comics (which I guess this is). The story reminded me of Captain America some without being a rewrite of his story line. I like how this story went and where it appears to be going.
It’s got a lot on its plate but doesn’t seem like it’s juggling plot points. There’s time travel, Nazis, aliens and lots of fighting. This is definitely one to check out if you like superhero graphics.


No comments: