Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Dark Tower - Fall of Gilead by Robin Furth

*note, The Dark Tower is a Stephen King series but apparently he is not actively writing these graphic novels.

I loved this book. It just moved so well. I did find I had missed the previous book when I was finished but I didn't feel like I was missing anything (helps that it was November when I read the first two).
This is all action. Gilead is preparing for war which concludes at the end of this book. For those who are familiar with the Dark Tower books - you know that the war never really ended but the big battle happens in this story.
This is the core battle that leads to Gilead being destroyed. It's been long enough since I read the actual books that I don't remember when (or if it was mentioned) certain characters die. I had sort of expected Roland to be standing alone in a pile of rubble at the end of this book. That's not the case but the battle will break your heart. Good people die and the bad guys are worse than you can imagine. Some wonderful characters die in horrible ways. It's not for the faint of heart.

No comments: