Monday, August 9, 2010

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Silver Borne is the 5th book in the Mercy Thompson Series. I have to say I love this series. Mercy Thompson is the ultimate woman - she's an auto mechanic who can't see to stay clean and pretty. She doesn't wear heels and yet she seems to function in the dating world just fine. She's dating her neighbor who just happens to be the Alpha Wolf of the local Werewolf pack. Oh, did I mention she can turn into a coyote. For those who love fantasy books - this is a great one and definitely therapy for those into the Twilight saga. Mercy is all woman and yet she's strong and her men are not stalkers (well unless they are stalking her but she doesn't date those guys). She literally kicks butt. The trouble she gets into is action packed and filled with all sorts of fantasy. It also helps that this is set in Washington (Tri-cities in the better half of the state). I love seeing my home state referenced in books and this one is my favorite. Silver Borne may actually be my favorite so far but then it's the freshest in my mind. For those who have not read any of the books I won't go into any details that might spoil prior books (sorry about ruining the dating part but you know early on he's the one she's going to pick). There is something about Werewolves that are better than Vampires in the dating world - they are loyal, fierce, warm and may even fetch your slippers - what else do you need in a man.

No comments: